Recently acquired by AER Rents , Chippindale Plant is one of the largest privately owned plant hire and sales companies in the North of England with 8 depots including Catterick. Established in 1949, it provides a complete hire and sales service for a wide range of Construction Plant, Tools, Excavator Attachments and Secure Site Accommodation.
The Area Managers role is a primarily sales focused based at our Leeds depot and covers Leeds, York and Sheffield areas. Trading is predominantly B2B with companies ranging from sole traders to national civil engineers.
- Expand business opportunities with existing key account customers
- Develop new business with a broad spectrum of customers.
- Provide much needed support to the Depot managers to ensure all the business brought in is converted.
- The candidate must have experience working for a company supplying equipment “for hire” to the construction industry.
- Be an experienced sales professional who has strong negotiation, relationship, and man management skills.
- Demonstrate that they are highly motivated, can work under pressure, are self-reliant and capable of making difficult decisions. This includes taking ownership of problems until they are resolved and going that extra mile to ensure the customer is happy.
- Show that they have a common-sense approach to operational management, setting high standards and expectations from their staff.
- Due to the geography of the area, live within a 60 minute drive of the depot.
- Have a full driving licence.
- IT literacy required.
Competitive salary Dependent upon experience.
Company Car / Car Allowance
Company phone & laptop
Generous commission structure (In addition to the basic quoted)
Company sick pay
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 per year
If you're interested in applying for the position please use the 'Apply For Job' form at the bottom of this page, and we'll be in touch.